Welcome to Project CHILD! Our Mission: Project CHILD is committed to advancing the quality, affordability, and accessibility of child care. Our staff and specialists work to help providers, families, and our community better care for children. We believe that quality child care and education enable children to develop to their fullest potential.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Project CHILD is seeking qualified applicants for a Subsidized Child Care Specialist. Applications are due no later than May 20, 2019. Follow the link for additional information and application.
++++++++++++++IMPORTANT IDHS NOTICE+++++++++
CCAP HOME CHILD CARE PROVIDER NOTICE
The state of Illinois and SEIU, the union representing CCAP home child care providers, recently reached an agreement on implementation of a 4.26% increase in the child care payment rates for home child care providers. Pursuant to the agreement between the State and SEIU, the new rates are now in effect for all services provided beginning April 1, 2019 and going forward. CCAP home child care providers who provided services between July 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019 will also receive backpay for the 4.26% rate increase for those services.
To read the complete notice, click here.
Project CHILD provides services to the following counties:
- Clay County
- Crawford County
- Edwards County
- Effingham County
- Fayette County
- Jasper County
- Jefferson County
- Lawrence County
- Marion County
- Richland County
- Wabash County
- Wayne County
We provide families
- Child Care Referrals
- Online Child Care Search
- Information on evaluating child care options
- Assistance in paying for child care
- Free child car seat checks
We offer child care providers
- Access to valuable training
- A Quality Consultant Team
- Information regarding Quality Improvement and assistance in obtaining funding to support participating ExceleRate IL programs
- Access to Professional Development and funding opportunities
- Support for the Child Care Assistance Program