Welcome to Project CHILD! Our Mission: Project CHILD is committed to advancing the quality, affordability, and accessibility of child care. Our staff and specialists work to help providers, families, and our community better care for children. We believe that quality child care and education enable children to develop to their fullest potential.
NEW 7/8/20 Child Care Restoration Grants
The Governor and the Illinois General Assembly has directed at least $270 million of the state’s Coronavirus Urgent Remediation Emergency (CURE) Fund to support the economic health of child care providers as our economy reopens in the coming months. As part of CURE, the Business Interruption Grants (BIG) Program is specifically designed to support businesses who endure lost revenue due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
We know our state’s recovery relies on the economic survival of our regulated child care system.
The Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity in partnership with the Illinois Department of Human Services is charged to develop the grant program for licensed child care. The Child Care Restoration Grants will be administered by the Illinois Network of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (INCCRRA).
Child Care Restoration Grant Applications will be available the week of July 20 – 24, 2020.
Technical Assistance Webinars will be held on Monday, July 20, 2020, in English and Spanish. Registration information will be shared soon.
For more information about the available grants, please visit www.inccrra.org and click on the Restoration Grants tab.
NEW 6/29/20 Please remember to submit your exemption form with your June certificates. This will help ensure you receive payment for all eligible days.
3/20/20 Effective Immediately:
Rend Lake College is closed to all individuals with the exception of security and necessary physical plant personnel. All other employees, including Project CHILD staff are required to move to completely remote and online work. Due to the sensitivity of the data involved with Child Care Assistance cases, eligibility determination and payment entry cannot be conducted from remote locations at this time.
Here is what we can and will do:
1) Check the general delivery voice mail box (dial 0) regularly throughout the business hours we would normally be open and respond to those voice mails.
2) Correspond via email. Our general email address is email@example.com
3) One staff member will continue to monitor mail and faxes.
4) Post updates on our Facebook page and website projectchild.net
Thank you for your commitment to social distancing and stopping the spread of COVID-19. We are committed to meeting your needs, but ensuring the health and well-being of the community is a top priority.
Phone: (800) 362-7257 FAX: (618) 244-2210
Project CHILD provides services to the following counties:
- Clay County
- Crawford County
- Edwards County
- Effingham County
- Fayette County
- Jasper County
- Jefferson County
- Lawrence County
- Marion County
- Richland County
- Wabash County
- Wayne County
We provide families
- Child Care Referrals
- Online Child Care Search
- Information on evaluating child care options
- Assistance in paying for child care
- Free child car seat checks
We offer child care providers
- Access to valuable training
- A Quality Consultant Team
- Information regarding Quality Improvement and assistance in obtaining funding to support participating ExceleRate IL programs
- Access to Professional Development and funding opportunities
- Support for the Child Care Assistance Program